Компания PTC анонсирует выход Windchill 9.0 и объявляет о своих планах
Компания PTC анонсирует выход Windchill 9.0
Компания PTC анонсировала анонсировала выход программной системы Windchill 9.0. Обладая широкими возможностями, Windchill 9.0 позволяет существенно ускорить процессы проектирования, изготовления и выпуска документации.
Windchill является проверенным решением для обеспечения совместной работы, контроля и настройки проектов для более чем 3 000 000 производителей по всему миру. В областях, где требуется соответствие продукта индивидуальным требованиям заказчика, Windchill позволяет компаниям повторное использование существующих изделий, внесение изменений, управление задачами в процессе работы и синхронизацию работ нескольких групп.
Дополнительно к существующим возможностям Windchill появились возможности визуализации, входящие в ProductView Lite 9.0, и позволяющие существенно повысить производительность при загрузке, изменении и распространении информации.
PTC (Nasdaq: PMTC), the Product Development Company, today announced Windchill 9.0, the latest release of PTC’s production-proven content and process management software. Offering extensive new capabilities, Windchill 9.0 strengthens key engineering, manufacturing, and publishing business processes and offers immediate solutions to product development initiatives such as lowering product costs, achieving greater design reuse and improving productivity.
As an integral component of the PTC Product Development System (PDS), Windchill is a proven solution that provides collaboration, control and configuration of product content to over 3,000 thousand global manufactures. In an environment where products need to be configured to meet individual customer requirements in a shorter time period, Windchill enables companies to reuse designs, make modifications, manage work-in-process tasks, and synchronize activities among workgroups and the enterprise. Windchill 9.0 is focused on solving customer-specific problems that can deliver the biggest impact to the company’s operations giving them the ability to manage real world business processes that affect time-to-market and cost pressures.
"PTC continues to deliver meaningful technology that directly improves customers' business processes," said Dominic Hand, manager, Windchill application development, climate control technologies, Ingersoll Rand. "Specifically, Windchill PDMLink 9.0 offers new capabilities for developing product variants from generic products quickly and easily through a wizard-based user interface. Since so many of our products are engineered-to-order, this capability is essential for optimizing Ingersoll's variant design and generation processes."
With a host of improvements in enterprise product content management, Windchill 9.0 helps companies meet corporate business goals by streamlining the following key product development processes:
- Manufacturing Process Management: With this release, PTC introduces Windchill MPMLink, which enables simultaneous development of product designs and manufacturing process plans to eliminate miscommunication issues and shorten development cycle time.
- Change and Configuration Management: Windchill 9.0 introduces additional product configuration capabilities through a new configurable user interface that streamlines many daily tasks. Change Management capabilities have been increased to offer improved support for rapid changes, change modification tracking, and manufacturing variances.
- Detailed Design: Pro/ENGINEER data management productivity enhancements plus improved heterogeneous CAD data management capabilities accelerate the design cycle.
- Variant Design and Generation" Windchill 9.0 helps engineering quickly define and validate product variations, so they can address customer-specific product requirements without increasing costs or lengthening delivery schedules.
- Design Outsourcing" Effectively coordinate with designers and partners around the world by allowing secure access to product information, while controlling what they can see and do with it
- Technical Publications" Enable more effective collaboration on technical publications by managing Arbortext content within Windchill ProjectLink.
“Continual customer demand for product innovation, higher quality and greater price concessions make for an increasingly complex manufacturing market,” said James Heppelmann, executive vice president software products and chief product officer, PTC. “Windchill 9.0 gives manufacturers a complete solution that goes beyond departmental boundaries to allow sales, marketing, manufacturing, purchasing and partners to more effectively participate in product development and contribute towards realizing business goals.”
Additional highlights of the Windchill 9.0 release include:
Includes new embedded visualization capabilities, delivered with ProductView Lite 9.0, which improve user productivity with dramatic performance improvements in loading, interacting and distributing visualization data Enhanced reporting capabilities with industry-leading Cognos 8 Business Intelligence that includes real-time, out-of-the box reports on change management activities, user task status and project progress Powerful user interface configuration capabilities enables the efficient delivery of information by user role Windchill 9.0 Availability
Windchill 9.0 is scheduled to be available in September 2007. The timing of any product release, including any features or functionality, is subject to change at PTC’s discretion. For more information on Windchill 9.0, please visit the Windchill product pages on www.ptc.com.
PTC (Nasdaq: PMTC) provides leading product lifecycle management (PLM), content management and dynamic publishing solutions to more than 40,000 companies worldwide. PTC customers include the world's most innovative companies in manufacturing, publishing, services, government and life sciences industries. PTC is included in the S&P Midcap 400 and Russell 2000 indices. For more information on PTC, please visit http://www.ptc.com/ .
В начале июня 2007 года в TAMPA BAY (Флорида, США) состоялась пресс-конференция, на которой были объявлены основные планируемые характеристики деятельности PTC на ближайшее время:
- бюджет 1.5 миллиарда долларов к 2010 году;
- увеличение производительности "desktopsolutions" (Pro/ENGINEER и др.) втрое;
- увеличение производительности Windchill вдвое;
- достижение темпов роста в 10-12% за год;
- продуктами PTC по всему миру в настоящее время пользуется 800 000 специалистов по всему миру;
- PTC - PLM-компания №1 в Китае, где за последний год продажи выросли на 52%.
TAMPA BAY, Florida (PTC Media and Analyst Event) June 4, 2007 -- CEO C. Richard Harrison is addressing the gathered press and analysts. Dick, as he is known, is still high from addressing the users earlier, as the annual user meeting is occurring simultaneously.
PTC claims its products are being bought at a much higher rate than the market at large.
Highlights of DIck's presentation include:
- Long term goal: 1.5 billion and 22% operating margin by 2010
- PTC claims it is growing its "desktop solutions" (Pro/ENGINEER and similar) at 3 times industry rate.
- Its "enterprise solutions" (Windchill) is growing at 2 times industry rate.
- PTC has been on a bit of a buying spree with 10 acquisitions in last 3 years. It recently announced buying NC Graphics (see press release). Dick mentions others, too: Arbortext, Matchcad..., which are cited as "best in class solutions."
- The market is going through changes, which Dick cites as opportunity for PTC. Specifically, he is talking about changes in the Dassault/IBM relationship, Unigraphics being acquired by Siemens, MatrixOne, Agile. "Our competitors are in a state of flux."
- Organic growth [as opposed to growth by acquisition] of 10-12% per year is forecasted. "Our organic growth rate is better than any of our competitors." Dick feels like this is sustainable.
- More acquisitions are being planned
- There are 800,000 users of PTC software
- Record maintenance revenue of 0M in FY07. It is now 43% of annual revenue.
- PTC #1 share in China, sales there were up 52% last year