Выход программной системы Parasolid V18.0 от UGS Corp.
Parasolid V18.0 includes new capabilities that enhance the level of user control over 3D model construction, editing and interrogation, as well as numerous improvements in application support functions. This latest release also consolidates Parasolid’s support for advanced Microsoft® technologies, including Visual Studio® 2005 and .NET.
“Parasolid’s latest release underlines the world-class versatility required to be a true foundation for precise 3D representation across multiple application domains,” said Bruce Feldt, vice president of Open Tools for UGS. “Outstandingly successful in CAD, CAM, CAE and visualization applications, Parasolid is increasingly applied in supporting areas of the product lifecycle to create a consistent backbone of authoritative, precise model data that can be leveraged for the particular task in hand.”
Parasolid V18.0 includes extensions that enhance ease-of-use in key operations, benefiting both developers and end-users of Parasolid-based systems:
- Finer user control in local editing with extensions to thickening, tapering and embossing operators
- Enhanced blending and filleting in tightly-curved regions through automated re-ordering and repair, plus new ease-of-use controls for limiting and capping
- Graphical enhancements including new options for localized behavior in hidden line rendering and non-destructive sectioning
- Extended application support with improvements in data tracking, rollback efficiency and partition management
- Consolidated support for Microsoft technologies, including an upgraded Pentium® 4/SSE2 build of Parasolid for 32-bit Windows® that uses Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 compilers to deliver significant improvements in both footprint and performance
Also announced today is Version 9.0 of Parasolid Bodyshop, a Parasolid-based toolkit that repairs, optimizes and validates data imported into Parasolid to maximize the success of downstream modeling operations. This release features significant performance improvements in both data cleaning and error recovery, supplemented by enhanced post-processing of B-spline geometry and new platform support for 32-bit MAC OS® X and VC8 Windows.
Parasolid, a key software product in UGS’ PLM Components suite of solutions, provides the geometric modeling foundation for many of the world’s leading computer-aided design, manufacturing and engineering analysis (CAD/CAM/CAE) applications. UGS develops Parasolid, uses it throughout its product development applications and licenses it to independent software vendors (ISVs) and end-user organizations on a “level playing field” policy designed to ensure all licensees have equal access to Parasolid updates and enhancements.
UGS is a leading global provider of product lifecycle management (PLM) software and services with nearly 4 million licensed seats and 46,000 customers worldwide. Headquartered in Plano, Texas, UGS’ vision is to enable a world where organizations and their partners collaborate through global innovation networks to deliver world-class products and services while leveraging UGS’ open enterprise solutions, fulfilling the mission of enabling them to transform their process of innovation. For more information on UGS products and services, visit www.ugs.com.