Parasolid v16 от UGS
This latest release of Parasolid continues UGS’ practice of adding robust functionality in product design as well as new features to address various aspects of manufacturing and engineering analysis. UGS’ continued emphasis on delivering ease of use is evident in every detail of the Version 16 release. Key new features from which users can derive new benefits include:
- Advanced surfacing – Lofted sweep functionality for designing complex swept features such as ducts and conduits, and easy creation of closed sculptured shapes using periodic guide curves.
- Blending – Complex blending both within and across tight-curvature regions to enhance blend automation.
- Part tapering – Simultaneous multi-angle face tapering and improved mitering in concave regions to increase automation of tapering for castings and moldings.
- Sheet modeling – Enhanced sheet trimming and extension for simpler modeling with composite sheets.
- Faceting controls – Optimizing faceting and quality checking for more efficient meshing used in finite element analysis applications.
In addition to new functionality, Parasolid V16.0 broadens its extensive platform coverage to include two more operating environments, and with this release now supports the MAC OS/X and IBM AIX 64-bit platforms.
“As the world’s most popular geometric modeling component software, it is important that Parasolid continues to expand its robust modeling functionality to address a broader range of disciplines,” said Bruce Feldt, vice president of Open Tools for UGS. “UGS continues to enhance its position as the PLM industry’s leading supplier of component software technology and this latest release of Parasolid, combined with our acquisition of D-Cubed, Ltd. (announced on June 8th), are tangible examples of that strategy.”
Parasolid, one of the software products in UGS’ PLM Components suite of solutions, provides the geometric modeling foundation for many of the world’s leading computer-aided design, manufacturing and engineering analysis (CAD/CAM/CAE) applications. UGS develops Parasolid, uses it throughout its product development applications and licenses it to independent software vendors (ISVs) and end-user organizations on a “level playing field” policy that ensures all licensees have equal access to Parasolid updates and enhancements.
UGS is a leading global provider of product lifecycle management (PLM) software and services with more than 3 million licensed seats and 42,000 clients worldwide. The company promotes openness and standardization and works collaboratively with its clients in creating enterprise solutions enabling them to transform their process of innovation and thus begin to capture the value of PLM.